Neurologic Advanced Practice Providers
The American Academy of Neurology recognizes that each member of the neurology care team is essential to high-quality patient care. We are committed to providing the best educational and professional resources for neurologic nurse practitioners and physician assistants (advanced practice providers, or APPs).
The APP Experience at AAN Conferences and Meetings
AAN conferences are a great way to get a lot of CME or CEU credits in a short period of time, and to spend meaningful time with colleagues who have your same professional experience. The AAN has several regional/national conferences each year:
Professional Resources for APPs
Visit the Neurology Career Center for more information:
- National Job Listings for Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants
- Resume/CV development and coaching
- Mentoring opportunities:
- Consider being a mentor to an APP new to neurologic practice, or to a physician hoping to bring an APP into his/her practice
- Share your experience in your subspecialty, or request to learn more about another subspecialty
- Request a mentor relationship with an APP or physician for any professional reason
Access the previously recorded webinar on incorporating APPs into neurologic practices. Learn more at the Practice Management Webinars page.
The APP Membership Experience
The AAN offers membership levels for nurse practitioners and physician assistants that fit any budget. Membership with AAN offers discounts for conferences and meetings, and discounted or free access to our distance learning and Maintenance of Certification offerings.Learn more about becoming a member of the American Academy of Neurology. We would be honored to have you in our ranks! Contact Member Services for more information.