Quality Toolkit and Resources
Learn about quality and what the AAN is doing to help neurologists provide high-quality care.
The AAN Program Director Toolkit highlights AAN resources geared to help Program Directors meet Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) requirements for patient care, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal communication, and systems-based practice.
AAN QUALITY IMPROVEMENT (QI) TOOLKIT
- Improve Basics
- Quality Improvement Glossary and Acronyms
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ): Tools and Strategies for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) Plan Do Study Act Improvement Model
- Quality Improvement: Beginning Steps in the Right Direction webinar, directed by Anup Patel, MD
- Neurology Today podcast: Anup Patel, MD: Quality Improvement for Neurology
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
- In Practice: Donald Iverson, MD: What You Can Do to Improve Your Practice
- American Society for Quality: Quality Tools from A to Z
LEAN - Six Sigma
- Improve Safety
- Improve Effectiveness
- Improve Efficiency
- Improve Patient-Centered Care
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement: Patient- and Family-Centered Care Organizational Self-Assessment Tool
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality: Health Literacy Universal Precautions Toolkit
- Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS)
AAN Quality Improvement Strategy
The AAN Quality Strategy is designed to:
- Advance quality measurement in neurology.
- Help neurologists engage patients.
- Increase neurologists' participation in and education about quality efforts.